It’s common knowledge that many girls don’t have the time or the desire to create a sophisticated hair style. There are simple techniques and hair styling options to groom your hair, which can complete your look in as little as 5-10 minutes.
- Hairstyles for Long Straightened Hair
- Hairstyles for Long Curly Hair
- Hairstyles for Short Straightened Hair
- Hairstyles for Short Curly Hair
Hairstyles for Long Straightened Hair
If you have long hair, there are numerous ways to style it: everything depends just on your time limit, your aim, your taste, and availability of popular hair straighteners and tools such as a hair dryer, curling iron or straightening brush.
Hollywood Curls for Straightened or Straight Long Hair
You can create the best traditional Hollywood hairstyle from home with your own hands.
How to make Hollywood curls:
- Apply a styling foam throughout the length of washed and dried hair. Put your strands on medium-sized hot rollers, starting from the forehead area, and leave them in for 10 minutes. Make sure that the curls are of the same size and their ends are neatly turned inside. Do your best to roll the hair tight up to the roots, for the best result.
- Then, use a hair dryer to dry your hair thoroughly; after that, take off the hot rollers and go over the curls with a coarse-toothed comb.
- If you are looking forward to visiting a social event in the evening, you can pull the curls back into a French twist on the back of your head for an elegant look and fix the result with glittering hair spray.
Banded Ponytail for Straightened or Straight Long Hair
If you are lucky enough to have long hair, you can try to whip up a flat ponytail with three-four bands at multiple levels.
How to put your hair in a banded ponytail:
- Backcomb the top of the head, pull the hair back into a ponytail and tie it throughout the length with hair bands.
- To create an evening hairstyle, you can use hair-bands, decorated with stones and crystals.
Greek Style for Straightened or Straight Long Hair
Using a curling iron, you can create an exotic look in no time at all.
How to put your hair in a Greek style hairdo:
- Put your hair through a curling iron and then pull it back into a glamorous, rich ponytail;
- Then, use bobby pins to make the hairdo look smooth. You can also bring the curls altogether into a side ponytail next to your face and wind it round with a silk band. A long dress with delicate embroidery and Grecian slippers will perfectly match this Greek style hairdo.
Hairstyles for Long Curly Hair
Curly hair has always been highly admired and the owners of this hair type should be honored as their locks are of the level of goddesses. No wonder many famous women, who left their mark in history, could be proud of their curls — starting from the favorite of Louis XV Marquise de Pompadour up to Coco Chanel. Women with curly hair are known for their intellegance, emotionality, and cheerful personalities. Curly strands also possess complications when it comes to styling too; they can be difficult to style and require close attention and special care.
We will demonstrate several types of hairstyles for long curly hair, which can be made quickly and easily.
Low Bun for Long Curly or Wavy Hair
A bun hairdo is highly recommended for curly hair. This bun can be either low or high, made of braids or twists. Which one to choose depends only on the length of your hair, personal preference and your imagination.
How to put your hair in a low bun:
- Apply hair mousse on clean wet hair and let it dry.
- Fasten a loose tail just below the back of your head. Fix the end of the tail with a hair band.
- Roll the hair to form a low bun, pinning it up with hairpins and loosening several strands from the bun. While creating this airy bun, use hairspray.
Ponytail for Long Curly or Wavy Hair
This hairdo looks stunning on long curly hair.
How to put your hair in a ponytail:
- You should use some hair spray or gel to smooth the hair a little, starting from the roots. The hair will become a bit straighter and will hold the position of the hairdo.
- Fix it with a hair band, then wrap one of the hair strands around the bottom of the ponytail and fix it, using an invisible hairpin.
- Apply styling oil throughout the length of the ponytail. It will make the hair look shiny and eliminate any fluffiness.
- Then, unfold the strands with your fingers and arrange the hair into the ideal shape.
Unfinished Braids for Long Curly or Wavy Hair
Curly hair has no limits, regarding hair style options. Different types of hair braids have become the trendiest way to style your hair this season and they look gorgeous. Especially, if we talk about classic style braids with loose curls.
How to make unfinished braids:
- Start by doing a French braid from one of the sides, slightly above the temporal area.
- Keep on braiding the hair downwards. Gradually pick up the hair along the hairline.
- When you reach the opposite side, use your French braid to start a new braiding. Add two sections of strands to the braid from the other side of the head. Make the braid up to the middle, then discontinue braiding in a way that the unfinished braid would match with the rest of your hair.
- You can use hair mousse or gel for the final touch in order to smooth any rebellious curls.
Hairstyles for Short Straightened or Straight Hair
A perfect haircut — is the one that needs no special styling.
A perfect stylist — is the one, capable of creating this type of haircut. If you have already found your perfect stylist and have had your short haircut done, then these tips will be helpful for you. We will tell you how to style short straight hair easily and quickly making it look very pretty.
Before getting down to styling, prepare your hair. Wash your hair or wet your strands thoroughly with water. Pat your hair with a towel; even if you are in a hurry don’t rub your hair with the towel: this may damage the hair structure, as it is extremely vulnerable when it’s wet. Straighten your strands, here are some common tips on hair straightening. On the dried hair apply a suitable hair styling product. Depending on the result you want, you can choose mousse, gel, texturing spray or wax.
Parting in the Middle for Short Straightened or Straight Hair
Probably, short hair with a part in the middle — is one of the most popular options. This type of hairdo is suitable for girls with regular features. This hairstyle will make a blank face look even blanker and will emphasize every single drawback someone has. An excessive volume will create a doll head effect, and could actually make your hair look untidy. However, despite all its disadvantages, a parting in the middle — is a classic look and a picture of elegance, which can grace any image. It requires some effort to create this hairstyle; you cannot do it without a substantial amount of perfectionism.
How to make a parting in the middle:
- Divide the hair into small strands and fix them with beak clips.
- Use a round brush and a hair dryer to twist all strands downwards, starting from the bottom strands and moving from the back of the head to the temples.
- At the top of the head, you should raise the hair slightly at the roots, using a comb.
- Hair creams and gels will help to fix the final result.
Curls for Short Straightened or Straight Hair
This hair style — is the perfect option for a spontaneous night out to a party, simply because it takes not much time to create the look and will last for quite a long period if you make sure you dry the hair thoroughly.
How to create curls:
- Apply some mousse to the hair, put them in hair rollers of a preferred size and dry with a hair dryer.
- Keep the rollers in for an additional fifteen-twenty minutes after you’ve finished drying it.
- Carefully take off the hair rollers and separate the strands with your fingers.
- Fix the result with hair spray. You can use a curling iron as well.
Bun for Short Straightened or Straight Hair
If your hair is long enough, then you might like to try to put it in a bun. Even a small one will look extremely elegant.
How to put your hair in a bun:
- Pull your hair into a tight ponytail; use a hair band to fix it.
- With any fly aways or loose strands they can be slightly backcombed with a texturing spray. To do this, use a fine-toothed comb with rounded teeth.
- Twist the hair around the tail bottom successively, strand after strand.
- Fix each of them with miniature bobby pins or clips, you can find them in hairdressers’ stores.
- To keep the hair in place, first, spray it with dry shampoo and then fix the hairdo with hair spray.
Hairstyles for Short Curly or Wavy Hair
Short hair cuts are especially recommended for rebel hair when the length can only be an advantage. In these cases, you can create an easy everyday hairstyle in just a couple of minutes.
Even if your hair is as short as being above the shoulders, you shouldn’t treat uncommon hair styles as something that’s beyond your limits. Short curly hair also can be tamed and styled into a trendy and elegant short hairdo.
It’s much more difficult to tame short curls rather than longer ones — they are much fluffier and tend to be bristle. So when you are drying your short curly hair, use a hair dryer with a diffusing head, this will help make the curls look more structured.
Retro Curls for Short Curly or Wavy Hair
To make this type of wavy strands, you will need large-sized hair rollers. Small rollers are to create tiny curls instead of large rich curly locks.
How to make retro curls:
- Wash the hair and slightly dry it. It should be damp, but not wet.
- Apply a hair styling product smoothly — it can be hair mousse or foam.
- Start curling the strands from the top of the head, then pick up the hair from the back of the head and only after that — from the sides. The stands should be equally thick and all put on hair rollers in the same direction.
- To finish the hairdo, dry it with a blow dryer. Wait until the hair is completely dry.
- Take off the rollers, carefully separate the strands with your fingers and mist the curls with hairspray.
Airy Style for Short Curly or Wavy Hair
An airy hair style will create a charming romantic image. Furthermore, it will take only several minutes to make such a hairdo.
How to make an airy hair style:
1. Make a side parting, divide the curls.
2. Apply a little gel, mousse or modeling wax to your hair.
3. Slightly tousle the curls while simultaneously applying the styling product.
4. Dry the hair with a hair dryer.
5. Toss the curls back, style the moistened strands’ ends outwards and finish with hair spray.
A Hot Mess on Short Curly or Wavy hair
It takes just a few minutes to make a messy hairstyle for short hair. To create it, you will need hard modeling wax.
To style a short hair cut above the ears, you will need a portion of wax the size of a pea.
How to make “a hot mess” hairdo:
1. Wash your hair and towel dry.
2. Finish drying the rest with a hair dryer, at the same time styling the strands in the desirable direction.
3. Take the necessary amount of wax out of the can and rub it with your fingertips. When exposed to the heat, the wax becomes soft and flexible.
4. Apply the soft wax to the short strands, tousling them in the direction, opposite to its growth orientation. The shorter the curls, the easier it will be to put them into this direction.
5. The hair doesn’t require any additional drying after application of the wax: the hairdo shape will stay fixed while cooling down. You just shouldn’t go too far and make sure to accordining stop applying the wax to your hair; otherwise, with too much wax, the hair style will look extremely untidy.
For every hair type, there are unique and attractive hairstyles, which can be made quickly and easily. Wishing you beautiful hair whatever the circumstances!