The hair straightening brush by Simply Straight is one of the best hair brushes 2017. It is a revelation for those with wavy, curly or frizzy hair that enables them to quickly and easily transform their locks to create a long-lasting modern, straight, sleek look.
It is packed with many features some of which are safety oriented and some of which are for the sake of practicality. With an up to date design, this brush has an aura of modernism about it. All of the features make it extremely safe, fun and easy to use.
- Lightweight Design: 15.2 ounces
- LCD Display
- Scald protection
- Ceramic surface
- Swivel cord: 6 Ft.
- Auto shut-off: 60 min.
- Voltage: 110V
- Low price <$30
* approximate price
Based on the principles of ease of use, it is designed for the person one the go and the traveler alike. The small footprint makes it equal at home in the washroom or the hotel room, on the vanity top or in the travel bag.
Upon opening the box, my first impression was that the brush had a very attractive look to it. It is simple to operate with three control buttons: one for power and two for temperature setting. There is also a small LCD screen above the control buttons. Also, the brush is very lightweight and fits nicely in the hand.
The body of the simply straight hair straightening brush as well as its bristles are made of a type of plastic that is very pleasant to the touch. Also, every bristle has a rounded tip. This is nice because there are no sharp edges to worry about.
The brush features an LCD display. The purpose of this is to show the current temperature of the heating element, so you know when it is okay to begin using it each time. Also, different temperatures are meant for the different hair types.
The head shape is oval. The overall dimensions of the brush are 11×2.8×6.5 inches. This means that it is roughly the size of an average shoe.
The brush is available in black. This is a nice neutral color that will make the unit look good in any bathroom. Black goes with everything.
Usability of Simply Straight Hair Brush
This hair straightening brush heats up to the maximum temperature of 450 degrees in two to three minutes. This is another feature that is perfect for the person who is on the go where every minute of their time matters.
The brush is very easy to maneuver and feels light in the hand. The total weight is 15.2 ounces.
The cord length is a very convenient six feet, and it has a swivel. This makes it perfect for almost every bathroom or dressing table.
Upon Further Inspection
The maximum operating temperature is 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius). This makes the brush an effective straightening solution for even the thickest and/or curliest hair. Lower temperatures are used for wavy and/or thin hair.
The heating surface boasts an anti-scald design by way of an unheated outer row of soft plastic bristles. This row helps to get the hair where you want it to be for the heating and straightening process.
The surface of the heating element itself is made of ceramic. This material provides for uniform heating — no hot or cold spots that could affect the end result. Also, ceramic, when used for this purpose is considered to be safe for the hair, reducing the risk of burning it or otherwise resulting in an over-processed look or an unexpected look. The ceramic bristles are three dimensional in shape and are 1/2 inch in height.
A nice, built-in safety feature is a 60 minute automatic shut off. If the brush has been turned on but not used for 60 minutes, it will automatically go into standby mode and begin to cool down. This will save on electricity costs and reduce the risk of danger.
This unit is meant primarily for use in North America as it is rated to operate on 110 volts AC. (For use in other countries, an inexpensive voltage converter is required.)
One must be careful when operating the brush. This is because of the fact that the control buttons are located on the outer side of the handle. If not careful, the can be inadvertently depressed which could cause a temperature change or also cause the heating element to be turned off.
All in all, the Simply Straight ceramic hair straightening brush provides an economical, easy and fast way to straighten curly, wavy or frizzy hair. It has a sleek modern look and feels good in the hand. All in all, the positive points far outweigh the negative points.
The positive points are:
- It heats up to operating temperature in three minutes or less.
- Its small size and good build quality make it practical for home or travel use.
- The ceramic heating surface provides uniformity of heat distribution and is gentle on the hair no matter what type it is.
- The LCD displays the temperature allowing for the right temperature to be locked in to help achieve desired results.
- The three-dimensional ceramic bristles are gentle on the hair.
- The six-foot swivel cord is ample for most bathrooms or even a dressing table.
- The 60 minute automatic shut off is an important feature in terms of safety and power consumption.
- The type of plastic used for the body has a nice hand feel to it.
- It is lightweight, coming in under one pound in weight.
- The maximum temperature of 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius) will straighten even the curliest or frizziest of hair types.
The only negative points are:
- The location of the controls. They are located on the outer side of the handle. Having them in this location makes it possible to accidentally change the temperature or even turn the unit’s power off while it is in use.
- There are no accessories of a carry case included with the unit. In fairness, combs and carry cases can be obtained fairly cheaply.
- The brush is designed for use with 110 volts AC. This obstacle for worldwide usability can be remedied with the use of a voltage converter.
Wish you good luck and straight hair 🙂