Styling my hair has always been a time-consuming ordeal for me, straightening my hair used to take close to an hour and my straightened hair wouldn’t last either. I went from disappointment to disappointment with different flat irons and other hair styling tools, I had nearly given up when I came across the Revlon electric straightening brush. This is my review which will help you decide whether it’s a suitable hair styling tool for you and your needs.
- LCD screen
- 10 settings – highest 450°F
- Advanced ionic technology
- Long brush head 4½” long
- Dual voltage
- Lightweight – less than 1 pound
- Ceramic styling plates
- Snag-free bristles
- 360° swivel cord
- Hanging hook
* Approximate price
I have to admit, what won me over about this brush is its design. The design of this brush is nothing but the best. The long brush head allows you to cover a larger extent of hair at once.
The bristles are curved which makes them comfortably comply with the shape of the head, making it easy to get right to the roots of all areas. It’s lightweight, meaning your hard doesn’t get tired, but the straightening procedure is pretty darn quick with this brush anyway. The lightweight also makes it an ideal appliance for traveling.
This electric brush is really easy to use. It was pretty self-explanatory for me but there are certain tips and tricks that I will mention in this section which you should know in order to get the best possible results.
- Firstly, you should know that this electric brush should only be used on completely dry hair. Attempting to use it on even just damp hair can cause damaged strands and also, the results will not be nearly as good. So wash your hair beforehand, but let it air dry before using the brush. I wash my hair in the evenings and then in the morning I know I don’t need to worry about whether my hair is dry enough or not and I don’t like to use two forms of heat on my hair, like blow drying first and then straightening. So keep this in mind and never bring this tool near your strands when they aren’t completely dry.
- Plug the tool in and select the lowest temp from the beginning; gradually work your way to a higher temperature range as you go. It’s definitely better to start off low and work your way up, just in the case that your hair can actually be straightened without such a high temperature as you’d used in the past and were expecting the same from this. While you are waiting for the brush to heat up, comb through your strands so that your hair is completely tangle-free ensuring the bristles of the brush glide through smoothly.
- Section your hair, leaving the back free.
- Your brush will definitely be heated sufficiently ready to use by this stage. So pick it up and start gliding the brush from the very top to bottom of your strands. The brush bristles go through the strands gently without causing any discomfort. This Revlon hair straightening brush is designed to work from root to tip making the final look completely perfect. Work your way up, covering your whole head of hair.
- Within a short time span, you will have a gorgeously, smooth hairstyle.
- I hang mine in my bathroom with the hanging hook on the device. This provides a neat and easily accessible place to keep it while having it always easily accessible if there’s any need for a touch-up or what not.
I’ve discovered after straightening several friends and family members hair with my Revlon straightening brush that it’s suitable for all hair types. It successfully straightens hair of any length and any thickness with ease and is faster than any other device I’ve used before.
- The excellent design makes it possible to straighten hair faster than ever before. Hair straightening brushes are a faster styling device than flat irons, but the Revlon hair straightening brush with the extra-long brush head makes the procedure even faster as it can cover more hair at a time.
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver all over the head of hair and travel-friendly.
- Very easy to use.
- No extras were included; I think a carry case would be a nice touch for storage as well as being a neat and safe way to pack it when traveling.
- No automatic shut off.
As a Wrap
I’d like to conclude by stating that I couldn’t be happier with this straightening brush. I feel happy with how my hair looks on a daily basis and I no longer have to hide my frizzy strands under hats, scarfs or headbands. I feel confident knowing my hair looks and feels better than ever before. I recommend this brush, wholly.