When my flat iron broke down, I needed to find a replacement and was considering hair straightening brushes. I had seen them advertised all over the place, so I did my research and asked several friends that had already started using electric straightening brushes what their recommendations were and I came to a conclusion to buy the Head Kandy 2.0 straightening brush. I thought since it had a 2 week no questions asked policy if I didn’t like it for whatever reason; I had nothing to worry about.
- Tourmaline infused ceramic plates
- Swivel cord
- Dual voltage 110V – 240V
- Adjustable temperature 180° – 450°
- Automatic shut-off feature
- 1-year Warranty
* Approximate price
I chose to the Head Kandy straightening brush because it’s not cheap and I needed something of high quality – that would last me, I didn’t want something that’ll break soon after my purchase. I was happy to see that it’s made in the United States because I feel as though it’s sometimes a lucky dip when it comes to buying products online that are made in China.
The brush was delivered to me in a stunning box. I love the paddle brush style brush head and the dazzling color. It’s available in several different colors including purple, pink, teal, black and gold. I got the gold because I just couldn’t resist such a glam color. It’s slightly more expensive than the other two colors but I just thought it’d look so pretty on my dresser and it does! – I’m happy!
When I initially plugged the brush in and pressed the power switch, I nearly sent it back because it wouldn’t turn on and I thought I had received a faulty item. I called my friend who actually recommended the brush to me and she told me that it’s necessary to hold the power button for 10-15 seconds in order to turn it on or off. Luckily I didn’t send it back because it was in perfect condition working amazingly right after I became aware of how to power the device on properly! It was hot and ready to use within 1 minute.
How to Use the Head Kandy Straightening Brush
- Turn the device on by pressing down the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Ensure your hair is washed and completely dry and you don’t have any tangles in your hair before you start brushing through with the straightening brush, so brush through with a wide tooth comb or whatever you prefer to use beforehand.
- To get the best results, you should section your hair. Start by sectioning the ¾ of the top of your hair up so that you start by straightening the bottom by your neck. The manufacturers recommend small sections for any type of hair give the best results, so that’s what I’ve been doing even though my hair is not super thick and I’m always pleased with the results.
- You simply glide the brush throughout the length of your hair and watch the transformation. – For me, it’s always a noticeable difference as I have frizzy, strands that are extremely unruly.
- If you have a sensitive scalp you can turn the brush around the other way so that the bristles are facing upward when you brush, this means that the bristles don’t even touch your scalp at all. I use this technique even though my scalp isn’t sensitive because I find it gives my hair more of a voluminous bounce as the finished look. When I reach the tips of my strands, I often curl the ends under, but I play around with different hairstyles from day to day – sometimes I even flick my hair outward on the ends for a quirky look.
When I’m not doing a touch-up or in a rush and doing it quickly, 20 minutes is all it takes to achieve a thoroughly straightened hair style from top to bottom. I have more volume near the roots than what I had with my straightener and also less flyway’s, although it’s not as much of a slick straight look; I actually really like this change not only because of the more naturally straightened hairstyle but also due to the fact the difference in the finished hairstyle is only slightly different but it makes a huge difference in the amount of time it takes to get ready, making morning so much easier!
I would recommend this brush because it works just as well as my straightener that lasted me years! The straightened style after using the Head Kandy Straightening brush lasts 2 days and I barely use any product, just a teeny tiny bit of any-frizz oil. I always get compliments on my hair after straightening with this tool and I definitely can feel the difference in my hair that it’s far less damaging my old flat iron.