Every day, the hair is affected by various negative factors. Someone uses low-quality hair straighteners and hairdryers, someone exposes it to frequent coloring, and someone stays in the sun too long. In short, you will have to repair your hair sooner or later. But in order to do it properly, you need to possess the necessary knowledge.
There are a lot of products at beauty salons and natural home remedies for hair recovery. But before using them, it is necessary to understand in which cases they are used and what results you have to expect from them. Below, we will consider the most common causes for damaged hair and methods for its treatment.
How to Repair Hair after Coloring?
Coloring agents have a negative effect on the structure of hair, so the hair becomes dry and weakened after coloring. To repair it, you must first of all provide it with the necessary amount of moisture and make your hair strong. This is possible only if the hair gets enough nutrients. At beauty salons, there are procedures for repairing colored hair, but they tend to cost a lot.
To use professional cosmetics for colored hair is more budget. It includes all the necessary components, which strengthen the hair and improve its appearance. It is also useful to use oils or liquid crystals, which are intended for hair ends. Their aim is to prevent split ends.
In addition to cosmetics, you can use the natural home remedies. For example, natural masks, which help to repair colored hair at home. The following restorative hair masks help to achieve good results:
- Pour about 300 grams of rye bread with a liter of boiling water, and leave the mixture for 4-5 hours at room temperature. After that, filter the water through several layers of gauze and apply the remaining gruel to your hair, rubbing it into the roots and spreading it over the entire hair length. Keep the mask for about an hour. After that, wash it off with warm water;
- It is recommended to apply wheat oil, vitamin E and coconut oil to the hair once a week. If you have oily hair, avoid contact with the hair roots and focus on the ends. If you have normal or dry hair, apply oil from roots to ends. Exposure time: from half an hour to overnight. Wash the oil off with shampoo (shampoo your hair two times);
- It is recommended to use the egg yolks for urgent recovery. Their number depends on the length of the hair. Separate the yolks from the whites, beat them up into the foam and add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mask to dry clean hair, carefully rubbing it into the hair roots for a few minutes, and then spread it over the entire length of the hair. Rinse this mask off only with warm water, otherwise, the egg yolk will become firm and it will be very difficult to wash it off.
These masks for hair recovery contribute to its growth and saturate it with useful elements that speed up its recovery. To improve the appearance of colored hair, you also need to follow the following recommendations:
- Do not change the hair color too often;
- If possible, use natural dyes or those that are safe for hair;
- Never lighten the hair without the help of the hairdresser;
- After coloring, use a special mask that is designed for color-treated hair and aims to repair its structure;
- Use only those cosmetic products that are designed for colored hair.
Repair Hair After Using a Hairdryer or After Excessive Sunlight Exposure
After holidays at the seaside, when your body looks tanned and rested, your hair may spoil the perfect image. After all, it was exposed to the negative effects of the sun and salt water. Therefore, it needs urgent recovery. However, it also needs recovery procedures in case of the regular use of the hairdryer.
Lamination of hair may help you to solve the problem. It is performed at beauty salons and the hair looks great for several weeks. Mesotherapy is another useful procedure. It revitalizes the hair and promotes its intensive growth. Thanks to this, the damaged hair will be cut off sooner and hair recovery will be more successful.
To repair the hair, damaged by the hairdryer or by the sun, at home, you should follow the following rules:
- Include foods rich in polyunsaturated acids into your diet;
- Drink plenty of pure water;
- Regularly wash your hair with a shampoo suitable for your hair type, use the thermal protection products, and apply moisturizing and nourishing masks;
- Use cosmetics only if you trust the brand;
- Do not comb wet hair;
- Cut off hair ends regularly.
You can significantly improve the appearance of the hair, while using the recovery gelatin mask. For its preparation, you have to add 1 tablespoon of gelatin to half a glass of boiling water. Leave the mixture for a few minutes, and then add 2 tablespoons of any vegetable oil, a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply it with a comb over the entire hair length; wrap your hair in foil and in a towel. Rinse the mask off with warm water 40 minutes later.
It is important to remember that hair is very often affected by negative factors, so you have to take care of it. In folk medicine, there are a lot of recipes for moisturizing and nourishing masks to repair damaged hair. If you use them regularly, not from time to time, your hair will look healthy and well-groomed. And it is the most important thing!
How to Repair Hair after Using a Flat Iron?
Girls have to straighten their hair not once in a lifetime. But some girls do it on special occasions, and others almost every day. It is not surprising that the appearance of their hair is getting worse and worse: it is split, broken and looks lifeless. In such cases, you need hair recovery. But it will give results only if you exclude the use of irons. Otherwise, all efforts will be in vain.
As hairdressers usually joke, the best way to repair hair is to cut it off. This is partly true. However, not so many girls would agree to make this, so we have to consider the alternatives. But you must understand that you are unlikely to succeed to fully repair your hair, you`ll just manage to improve its appearance and moisturize it.
You will be recommended to apply keratin and oil masks for damaged hair at beauty salons. They will help intensively moisturize and saturate the hair, thus slightly improving it. Bio lamination will also be useful. But in order to repair the hair after ironing, you have to change the system of care and apply natural masks.
As for hair care, the experts recommend:
- To cut off the hair ends regularly;
- To use the air conditioner and apply indelible serums and sprays to the ends;
- To use moisturizers;
- To comb the hair gently, starting from the ends;
- Not to dry it with a hairdryer or in the open sun.
- Use straighteners which are best for damaged hair.
If we talk about homemade recovery masks for burned hair, there are many recipes that will help repair the structure of the hair, moisturize and nourish it. Here are some of them:
- Mix warm milk with fat content of not less than 3,2% and honey in equal proportions. Completely dissolve the honey, and then add a few drops of ylang-ylang essential oil, orange, sandalwood or rosewood. Apply the mixture to dry hair and wrap your hair in a cellophane cap and keep the mask for three hours. This mask has a double effect: it nourishes and moisturizes the hair;
- It is advisable to use intensive moisturizing: apply masks with vegetable oils. Burdock, olive, coconut oils will be perfect. Before use, you need to warm up the oil a little and apply it to dry hair. Wrap your hair in polyethylene and in a towel and leave the mask for a few hours (it is better to apply this mask for the night), and then wash the hair with shampoo;
- Kefir moisturizes hair well. It is better to use a homemade product, but if it is not possible, you can use one from the store. You need to warm up a glass of kefir a little and add a few drops of essential oil for fragrance. The mask should be spread evenly over the dry hair. Wait half an hour and wash it off with shampoo.
Repair Hair after Bleaching (lightening)?
Hair bleaching is much more destructive than coloring. The fact is that bleaching products include potent substances that disrupt the cuticle layer of the hair, making it brittle and dry. Because of this, the joy of a new hair color may fade away, because its condition is not ideal after such a serious impact.
In order to strengthen your hair and give it a healthy look, you have to use professional products. In contrast to natural remedies, they are able to repair your hair within the shortest possible period of time, even within one day. Capillary and keratin masks are used for this purpose. They are composed of silk proteins, vitamin B5, shea oil, and many other substances that will help your hair become soft, shiny and smooth.
The recovery of bleached hair is possible at home. Folk remedies help to achieve good results when you use them regularly. The following restorative hair masks are useful:
- Mix a few drops of the base oil with the egg yolk and a spoon of green clay. You should get an indiscrete mass, for this, you may add a little water. If your hair is long, you need to increase the amount of each ingredient by 2-3 times. Rub the resulting mixture into the hair roots, making a light massage. Then spread the mixture over your hair and wrap it in cellophane. 5 minutes later, wash your hair with warm water;
- Mix equal parts of liquid honey and olive oil. Put this mixture on slightly damp hair, and 40 minutes later rinse it off with warm water and wash your hair with shampoo;
- Grate the cucumber and take 3 tablespoons of the gruel. Mix it with honey in the ratio of 3:1 and add 2 parts of warm boiled water. Apply the mask to dry hair and wash it off half an hour later.
A few tips to repair bleached hair:
- Try not to tangle your hair when shampooing and evenly spread the shampoo over the hair (make foam in your hands in advance);
- Use only liquid and transparent shampoo, because other types contain weighting components;
- If possible, do not use styling products, but if you cannot style your hair without them, then choose only those that provide thermal protection;
- Apply spray to dry hair for easy combing for the hair to be less bristle and to avoid hair loss.