When my flat iron broke down, I, of course, wanted to purchase a replacement straight away but instead, I took a good look at my hair and how damaged it was due to constant flat ironing. Often when I wake up in the morning, my hair has a mind of its own so I knew I needed something to help me control it otherwise I’d have to wear it tied up every single day.
I knew about hair straightening brushes and a few of my friends were using them and were really enjoying the results from them, how they were styling their hair without causing damage – so I didn’t need convincing to get one for myself. I chose the HIRALIY hair brush straightener because of its 5-star rating on Amazon and it was in my price range.
- Ceramic heating plate
- 360° rotatable cord
- LED temp. display
- Dual-voltage (100-240V)
- Temp. settings from 260℉ to 450℉
- Fast heating – 60 seconds
- Power: 45W-65W
- Cord Length: 8 feet
- Weight: 13.6 ounces
* approximate price
I absolutely adore the color of the brush – bright purple with black looks so chic. When I opened the box it I caught sight of the brush itself, a handy black bag for storage, two hair pins, a user manual and an 18-month warranty card.
- Fast heating – less than 60 seconds
- Ergonomic brush head design for maximum comfort
- Ceramic heating – provides consistent heat throughout the plate
- Adjustable temperature settings from 130°C (260°F) – 230°C (450°F)
- Automatic shut-off – 60 min
- Convenience of the cord, 360° swivel cord and a length of 2.5m
- Dual Voltage 100-240
- LCD display
Usability of the HIRALIY
I made sure that my hair was completely dry and tangle free before I started to brush my hair with the electric brush.
- You need to hold the power button down for three seconds and then it’ll turn on (the same thing to turn it off – hold the power button down for 3 seconds).
- Then you simply adjust the temperature with the plus and minus buttons on the side of the handle of the brush. The temperatures range from 130°C (260°F) – 230°C (450°F). It is clearly displayed on the LCD screen.
It automatically switches off if the brush is not in use after 60 minutes. The cord is a length of 8 feet (2.5m) so it’s super easy to maneuver around my head when styling.
Upon Further Inspection
I really appreciate the design of the brush head as it’s in a slight curve which ensures utmost comfort while pressing it on your scalp. The HIRALIY hair straightening brush gets rid of my reoccurring morning fluffy frizzy strands with ease and best of all it does this without damaging.
The only two insignificant disadvantages in the tool that I have noticed are:
- The lack of a hanging cord
- the fact that the handle gets a bit slippery (this may be just me though) – it could do with some kind of gripping.
I am so happy to own this straightening brush. Styling used to be such a chore for me, now it’s so effortless. It used to take me around 30 minutes to style my hair with my flat iron and now it takes me just 10, at the most!
You can compare the Hiraliy brush features with properties of other popular straighteners.