Classification by Shape
To find out what shape your hair is, simply take a look in the mirror. The shape depends on the keratin structure in hair composition, as well as on the location of follicles in the skin of the head. For example, straight hair is arranged perpendicular to the skin, wavy – already has a slight curve in its base, and curly – is S-shaped. Therefore, you cannot change the shape. You can only apply temporary measures.
- Straight hair lies down smoothly without any wrinkles. Due to its smooth surface, it perfectly reflects rays of light, shining beautifully.
- Wavy hair has a light wave; it can form a spiral curl. It’s soft to the touch and easy to style, i.e. to straighten or curl.
- Curly hair forms tight spirals. It looks full and thick. It can be difficult to tame and easily returns to its natural shape after styling.
Classification by Oiliness
The oiliness depends on the work of the sebaceous glands of the scalp. The intensity of the sebum secretion may vary throughout life, as well as under the influence of certain products such as shampoos and dyes. In regards to determining the oiliness, the hair can be dry – an insufficient flow of sebum, normal, or oily – excessive secretion. It could also be combined.
The owners of normal hair type have no problems in taking care of their hair. However, the fact that the normal type looks healthy and strong does not mean that it does not need care and attention.
Here are a few characteristics of normal hair type:
- easy to comb;
- can be styled effortlessly;
- the ends are not inclined to splitting, sometimes there may be dryness;
- the scalp is well moisturized and is not flaky;
- the hair shines and has an attractive appearance;
- after using a proper shampoo, there is no feeling of tightness; and
- easy to recover after dyeing and other impacts.
If you have a normal type, it is enough to wash your hair 2-3 times a week. Choose shampoos and hair products for normal type only. To maintain the health of your hair, you are periodically (no more than 1 time per week) recommended applying nourishing and moisturizing masks, whether purchased or homemade. A decoction of chamomile has a wonderful impact on the normal hair type; (pour a glass of boiling water into 2 tbsp. of chamomile and infuse for 20 minutes). Trim your hair a little once every few months to prevent splitting of the ends.