In this review, I will discuss the BearMoo Hair Straightening Brush. I will point out its features, functionality, good points, bad points and its overall quality.
- Double anion spray
- 360 rotatable wire
- LED temp. display
- Dual-voltage (110-220V)
- Temperature: 290F-450F
- American MCH (Metal Ceramic Heater)
- Power: 50W
- Cord Length: 78.8 inches
- Weight: 14.1 oz.
* approximate price
All black, from top to bottom including the bristles, the brush has a sleek, modern look about it. It has a low profile appearance.
- This brush has an easy to read LCD display along with multiple control buttons. This is because there are several temperature settings available.
- The construction is all plastic which adds to the unit’s modern look. The heating element, however, is made of ceramic. Black is the only available color. No others are offered.
- The shape of the head is rather unique. You see, it is oblong with rounded ends. This is quite a departure from competing models which have oval shaped heads.
- This hair straightener is fairly small, making it ideal for travel use as well as for using at home. The dimensions are given as 11.8×1.6×2.4 inches. The total weight of the straightener is 14.1 ounces.
- A handy carrying case is included in the box along with the brush itself. This is always a nice addition which makes storage in a suitcase or overnight bag much easier.
The straightener with a brush is among the minority in that it heats up so quickly. It can reach a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit in as little as 30 seconds making it perfect for a person who is always on the go. This is due to MCH technology.
Indeed, the BearMoo features a rotating cord. It rotates a full 360 degrees for tangle-free, worry-free operation.
The downside is that there is no hanging hook.
Upon Further Inspection
- Seven adjustable temperature settings feature a range of 290-450 degrees Fahrenheit. This fact makes this tool usable for all hair types: thick or thin, straight to frizzy, short or long.
- The head boasts an anti-scald design due to the fact that the sides are straight. This allows the bristles to get right down to scalp and brush the individual hairs from root to tip.
- The double anion spray emits rich negative ions. This causes the finished hair to be shiny and smooth.
- This unit does not feature an automatic shut off function.
- This brush straightener is intended for sale to the European and North American markets as it runs on 110-240 volts AC at 60 Hz. The plug, out of the box, is compatible with European electrical outlets. To plug into American outlets, a simple adapter is needed.
- The button layout is straightforward and easy to understand. There are three recessed push buttons: on/off, temperature up and temperature down.
- The bristle tips are made of a softer plastic. This is a great feature because the bristles will not harm the scalp, but rather, they will be quite gentle.
Overall, this is a nice addition to any hair care arsenal. It heats up fast and works well. The small footprint makes it easy to store at home or on the road. The small size, however, does not mean that it is not up to the task of straightening any type of hair that you give it. Rather, it is suitable for all hair types due to the fact that it offers seven different temperature settings. An easy to ready LCD is a very nice plus.
Additional items in the box are always welcome bonuses. In the case, it is a very nice carrying case. At the same time, the box that it comes in is very nice and visually appealing too.
The black, all-plastic construction and low profile appearance give the BearMoo excellent curb appeal. I mean, why shouldn’t a hair styling tool look good?
The oblong head with rounded ends is different than most of the competitors’ offerings. There is a reason for this. The reason is that the straight edges provide for better contact with the hair as a whole, affording contact with the entire strand of hair from root to tip. At the same time, the bristles feature an anti-scald architecture.
The MCH heating technology enables the brush to reach the maximum operating temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You cannot get much faster than that. The heating element is made of ceramic which provides for a steady and even yet gentle heating of the hair.
A full 360-degree rotating cord allows for worry-free operation. The cord will stay out of your way while the unit is in use. Also, the tangle-free design will keep the cord away from the heat.
The built-in ionizer promotes a smooth feel and shiny look to the finished hair creating a healthy and visually appealing look.
The button layout is very easy to understand and use. Three recessed buttons are for: on/off, temperature up and temperature down. The fact that they are recessed means that they are much less prone to accidental pushing while the brush is in use.
Soft yet durable bristles do a nice job on the hair while being gentle on it.
The plug is compatible with European electrical outlets. At the same time, the brush can be used in North America with the addition of a simple adapter as the unit is designed to run on 110-240 volts AC. (These adapters are widely available at most stores that sell travel equipment or online.) So, it is safe for use anywhere on the Earth that has electrical service.
The lightweight yet durable design combined with universal voltage compatibility, the choice of seven different temperature settings and the travel bag make this brush a winner for anyone who likes to travel. At the same time, it is great for in home use too. Adding to its overall appeal is the fact that it will work with any and all hair types.
The only negatives are lack of a hanging hook and lack of an automatic shut off feature. These are minor things though, and they should not detract you from purchasing this unit. At $50 with free shipping, it is an excellent deal.
This model took the first place in our best hair straightening brush 2017 ranking.