I like to change my hair from time to time either with different colors or different hairstyles. For my last haircut, I decided to make quite a drastic change in the length of my hair. It was half way down my back when I walked into the salon, and when I left it was just above shoulder length and now I can only tie up the top half of it as the layers underneath are shorter. I absolutely loved the change and it looked gorgeous for the first couple of days before I had to wash it and style it for myself.
I was waking up in the morning with fluffy hair in all sorts of directions which I couldn’t control. When my hair was long I used to plait it before sleeping, so I’d always wake up, untie the braids and have perfect natural waves. But this was no longer possible with my new hair length. I decided it was time to invest in the Anjou hair brush straightener to start enjoying my new haircut!
- Automatic Shut-off, 30 min
- Swivel cord
- + Free Argan Oil
- Dual-voltage (110-240V)
- Temp. settings from 250 to 446°F
- Fast heating – 60 seconds
What’s in the Box:
- 1 x Anjou Hair Straightener Brush (AJ-HC005)
- 1 x Anjou Hair Oil (30 ml / 1 oz)
- 2 x Hair Clips
- 1 x Cleaning Brush
- 1 x Heat Resistant Glove
* approximate price
When my order of the Anjou hair straightening brush was delivered I was super excited to start using it and experimenting with different ways to style my hair.
In the Box
• Anjou Hair Straightener Brush
• A heat resistant glove
• 2 hair clips to hold sections back while styling
• a cleaning brush for the unit
• heat protectant travel bag
• a user manual
First Impressions of the Anjou Hair Straightener Brush
The Anjou straightening brush is available in 2 gorgeous colors. It’s the prettiest hair styling tool I’ve ever seen. Either rose gold or black and gold. I got mine in rose gold because I absolutely love how it looks. It arrived in a beautiful box, perfect to give as a gift in my opinion.
• Automatic Shut-off, 30 min
• Anti scald brush tips
• Adjustable temperature displayed in either Fahrenheit or Celsius
• LCD screen
• Temperature lock
• Negative ionic charge that makes the hair shiny and healthy
• Swivel cord
I found it to be the perfect tool for styling my fluffy hair. My hair isn’t fine nor thick – I’d say it’s normal, but it’s very fluffy. This hair straightening brush allows me to style my hair in a way that looks naturally straight; I can curl the ends under or flick the ends out for a cute and quirky look.
The user manual turned out to be very handy as there are certain details mentioned which assist greatly when figuring out how to use the tool properly. I’ll go over a few useful details to know briefly here:
• Hold the power button down for 2 seconds to switch it on.
• The temperature is controlled by a rotating panel which differs to most other models where you have to press several plus and minus buttons to get it to your desired temperature.
• The temperature locks automatically after 3 seconds without movement. If you need to unlock the temperature, you just tap the power button twice. To turn the device off you just hold the power button down for 3 seconds.
• The device will automatically shut-off after 30 minutes of untouched.
Thick, curly, frizzy hair needs the highest temperature of all in order to get the best results -380-450 °F/190-230 °C is suitable for thick, frizzy, curly hair. 320-380°F/160-190 °C for normal or slightly fluffy hair types (this is what I use) and finally for thin, fine or bleached hair it’s ideal to stick to the lowest range of temperatures – 250-320°F/120-160 °C
Upon Further Inspection
The downfalls are simply the lack of a hanging hook and personally, I think a case for storage and traveling would be ideal but these are minor little details. Now, I usually put mine inside a big sock if I’m traveling just to feel the device secure.
This brush has been everything I needed and more! Not only can I know straighten my hair with ease but it’s just about as good as when I left the salon and got my new cut. I love now it heats up quickly doesn’t damage my hair.